August 14, 2013

Personal Moments and Mini Meltdowns...


Yesterday was, well... not an amazing day... it was just like a culmination of not feeling good, hoping for something to happen and then being disappointed when it didn't...I really didn't stand a chance.. I sat in my office and had an ugly cry right there in front of my computer.. Oh if computer monitors could talk...  , where tears are falling and there is no saving my look... Good bye makeup and hello red nose and face... Super glamorous no?

All I could think was that life was passing me by.. that and I'm getting older and I'm not where I thought I should be... See somehow I got it in my head that things would be sorted by 31 and at the very least by 32! Blah blah blah... Boring myself already... Where do we get these crazy expectations? Who knows... but here's the thing...  Life can't pass you by if your living for right now... So even if the career thing isn't sorted, or who knows when the house and babies will happen... life is good... and it's ok to have an ugly cry and then hold your head up high and keep going.. Anything worth doing is going to take time...  So if you like me, and it feels like the world just hates you on a Tuesday afternoon.. just get yourself an ugly cry, invest in a waterproof mascara and remember great things take time... and time is on your side.

Personal moments... brought to you by a mini meltdown in Hope's office...

No comments:

Post a Comment