August 20, 2014

Back To School Season: 7 Time Saving Tips ...

Back To School Season..

Back To School Season.. by hchdesigns featuring a ray ban aviator

Ok so it's back to school season.. and it's like a madhouse with traffic at 8:00am and you forgot to leave for work early... Gosh those little kids are cute but they are a real buzz kill when it comes to getting to work on time.. unless.. you plan ahead! Here are some tried and true tricks to help you getting out the door on time!
  • Shower at night.. I know, brilliant right? I should write a book.... If you shower at night, first off it will relax you and help you sleep better, therefore not waking up like the zombie that may or may not happen.. 

  • Speaking of sleep, go to bed! You are not a kid, you are not going to par-tay all night long... the average person needs about 7 hours of sleep.. Getting enough rest will help you not curse at your alarm and help loose the under eye baggage!

  • Skip the coffee shop... There is nothing more chic then saving money... so set your nifty coffee maker to brew right before your alarm goes off in the morning.. that way when you get up, the house smells like coffee and you can stumble to the kitchen poor yourself a cup and all will be right with the world again.

  • Keep your makeup fresh & simple, skip the layers of eye shadow and false lashes... go for neutral tones and classic looks... If you need to carve out more time for this, to do it at home, then do it... It's tempting to do your makeup in the car but repeat after me, "I will not put makeup on in the car".. there are kiddos out there and you need to pay attention to the road... If you are carpooling, then well, if you are comfortable putting on your makeup with an audience then be my guest... 

  • Pick out your outfit the night before, try it on.. accessories and all and make sure you like it.. I say this because there have been many times I've picked out a look the night before only to change my mind the morning of, which consequently results in half of my closet emptied onto my bed.. never a good idea...
  • Set your alarm to go off 15 minutes before you need to get out the door.. this helps me so much, because before you know it you've wasted some serious time wondering if your eyeliner is on evenly..and your not dressed it's time to leave.. awkward...  if you only have 15 minutes left, then you my friend need to start to hustle...

  • Top knot...I know, brilliant again! I'm on a roll.. So you showered the night before and then didn't dry your hair enough, you wake up with random waves and not in a cool way.. Brush that bad boy and pull it into a top knot... 



So there you have it.. my tips and tricks for getting out the door on time! It's that time of year when we are playing frogger with school buses and summer is over... We can handle it with these tips and comfort ourselves with this, if school is back then so is FALL FASHION! Can I get an amen?

No comments:

Post a Comment