August 19, 2014

Oprah Wasn't Built In A Day...


Well, I feel I owe you an apology.. I have been seriously MIA lately, sorry (insert cute sorry face here)...

A while back I wrote out all the "jobs" I had (I've added two more since then)...to quote my girl Julia Roberts... "big mistake, huge"... Never ever write out all the things you do... a sure fire way of promptly getting yourself over-freaking-whelmed.. Like holy crap how am I able to do a normal 9-5 job plus two-three other "jobs/projects"?? Well I'm telling you I don't know... All I know is that every day I'm gonna breathe... put on my big girl pants and get to work.  Rome wasn't built in a day... and apparently neither was Oprah...


Here I am, with large dreams, never ending to do lists and not enough hours in the day..But that's ok, it will happen and I'm done with feeling like I am not enough... Guess what ya'all... I am, I am enough... This ridiculous pressure put there only by our larger than life expectations is well, kinda cray cray.. I mean, who says I should be able to do 5 jobs in a 24 hour span?? Woah...  Life is meant for dreamers, for those Sunday evening BBQ's and black & white movies... Life is meant to be lived well, enjoyed, laughed at and treasured....

There's a lot of pressure out there to feel strong enough, pretty enough... skinny enough, smart enough... but what happens when you feel like there isn't enough of you to go around? I definitely have had those moments... But the truth is, when I dig deep and calm down.. I find out how amazing I am. and all things change.. All my choices are different.. because when you value something, you take care of it.. I'm not going to treat my engagement ring the same way I treat jewelry from a store the is eternally 21 years old.. if you catch my drift.. No, I'm going to treasure my ring because I value it... My husband told me yesterday, "We have to remind ourselves, there are treasures in the process." Sound wisdom from that man.. There are treasures in the process and I for one want to capture each and every one of them.. so when freak out and the mascara is running freely... I can remember two things.. I am enough and there are treasures in the process...

No comments:

Post a Comment