September 14, 2013

Date Night Dilemma....




Tee- H&M
Heels- H&M (similar)
Bag- MMS for TJ Max (similar)

Date night... ahh.. the magic...  sipping Sauvignon Blanc and laughing about about inside jokes... Last night Seth and I stepped out to a little date night to one of our favorite Thai restaurants... OMG... they had me at peanut curry sauce... I digress... 


Oh the dilemma... the epic crisis... I'm not sure what to wear... it's a moment of emptying the closet on to the bed... It's not that I don't have options, am I right ladies? It's the lack of inspiration! So when inspiration lacks... Style your look around the item your most excited about! Which for me was my new tee shirt & bag....  I wanted to wear a cute graphic tee and I wanted to have my new fall bag... what goes with both? easy... distressed jeans or pencil skirt...  I chose distressed jeans since it was a casual date.. however if you wanted to dress it up a little simply just add a pencil skirt instead of jeans, leather jacket and put your hair up in a sock bun sort of thang... and switch out the bag for a clutch..  go for a deeper color on the lips and add a statement necklace...Easy peasy.


For us curvy ladies... make sure you tuck that tee shirt in... must show that you have a waist...No one likes a moo moo... saves my bacon every day... then lastly... add a fun heel... it sophisticates your look and it creates a little balance between casual and chic... and who doesn't want that? Even if your tall.. if you are.. I'm already jealous.. don't be afraid to rock a good heel... you don't see Heidi Klum with legs that go on for days afraid to rock a stiletto.. and neither should you... and for us girls that can't reach the top shelf of anything.. well, most likely your best friend is a 5inch stiletto and a step stool... not to be used together...

In deciding what to wear here is my best advice.. be happy with who you are... yes there might be things you would like to change... Lord knows I do.. however until it happens or you wake up magically looking 30lbs lighter... if that happens let me know what you're drinking! Until that magic happens, don't waste life and happy moments wishing for things to be different.. because you're amazing right now.. and you deserve to believe it... and that awesome guy standing next you deserves to see you believe it too (it'll make his day)... woah.. deep...  Then really the clothes end up just being the frame on a really amazing piece of art!


No comments:

Post a Comment