April 2, 2013

Style is Who You Are...

Style is Who You Are...



Stella McCartney / Miss Real trench coat, $61 / Coach es jacket / SELECTED short jacket, $99 / AG Adriano Goldschmied skinny leg jeans, $135 / Vintage shoes / H&M h m, $76 / Barneys New York clutch / MICHAEL Michael Kors roman numeral watch / Fantasy Jewelry Box yellow gold jewelry / Chain bracelet, $30 / Lipsy logo sunglasses, $23 / Ray-Ban logo sunglasses / Versace fragrance

I firmly believe that style is who you are... it's a reflection of your personality... and just a tiny glimpse into what makes you into the person you are... In figuring out what your personal style is it can be incredibly intimidating... so much pressure... I mean this is a reflection of who I am??? MUST GET IT RIGHT!!! augh... who can live that way? Not me... I've found my personal style has evolved over the years... Back in the day, I would die for a plaid flannel shirt wrapped around my waist or a pair of Doc Martins! Or my go to perfume was Sunflowers , remember when that was huge? Can we say Dawson's Creek? As my style evolved so did I... praise em! At one point I wanted to be a kindergarten teacher... Those who know me, know that I have the utmost respect for our teachers (they don't get paid enough in my opinion) but there is no amount of money that could coax me into that profession... Never did I ever think that writing and fashion would be in my lifelong goals! But here I am and  I'm so happy that I changed along with my style....

Right now my style is a mixture of classic, trendy with a bit of flair.. but the good news is if I want to change that, I can!! In the evolution of my personal style one thing has remained consistent, classic.. and I think that is true in life as well.. things will change and we will change with it... deciding that bronzer is a good idea and that maybe wearing too much eyeliner makes me look a little too Evanescence and not in a good way.. or not to hold on to past hurts but forgive and then let myself be the true awesomeness that I am... getting deep over here...

 In my personal style I gravitate towards versatility and adding pops of color in accessories and keeping everything else pretty neutral...  Adding a tangerine clutch to a LBD is just the pop of color that I like! All though a tangerine shift dress with a black clutch would be killer!!

My personal style can't and wont be defined into one category... simply because I'm always changing and I think that's a good thing... Even when I think," nope I wont be defined by one style category".. I find that there are constant things, like a LBD (little black dress) or leather jacket or a trench... these are items that will be with us forever... it's like the style compass that keeps us going in the right direction when all we want to do is just go neon everywhere..  And then in real life there are things that are a part of your heart and soul that keeps you going in the right direction no matter what.. So if your feeling a little like don't know how to define who you are? Just peek into your closet... I bet you'll see more and more of yourself in those gorgeous shoes then you ever did before!