March 28, 2013

What a Girl Will Do For Coat...










Coat- Forever 21 (old) similar
T Shirt- Old Navy
Shoes- HM
Earrings- Aldo (sold out) similar
Aviators- HM

Took a  drive to the coast yesterday after work...  The fog was rolling in and it just creates a magical feeling... I fell in love with the Northern California coastline years ago and yet every time I'm out there I'm stopped by the beauty... not to mention fighting the urge to wave to China.. Only I would wear 4 inch heels on the edge of a cliff...

I'm wearing a coat that I scored from F21 while awkwardly stalking the clearance rack waiting for someone else to put the coat back on the rack...  I mean, what was I going to do... walk up to the girl and be like "uh, looks like you're undecided about this coat... so if your not going to buy it, can I ?" ... super awkward...what a girl will do for a coat... so I made it look like I was looking at something else one the rack but really I was waiting for her to make up her mind... and after a bit I realized that this is a little bit weird, so I moved on and hoped that if it was supposed to be mine it would still be there... no joke I came back and it was there! There is no messing around when you find something this awesome.. Especially at Forever 21... it's like a mad house in there or it looks my bed when I can't decide on what I am wearing... clothes everywhere...
When pairing something with a full skirt or a print.. it's best to keep everything else simple..  and with something slimming like skinny jeans to create balance...
 Full disclosure  I had on a fully styled outfit under this coat with the full intention of not including my coat in the outfit post... but.. it was cold.
Sometimes I find that an outfit can just a little blah or like something is missing... and then put on a jean jacked or Aztec print coat and Pow! sounding like a cartoon again.. It's complete! Outerwear to me is like the fairy dust to an ensemble... Some awesome outwear I feel should be treated as a classic staples and therefore must get in your closet pronto!
Here's a list of my favorites-
Parka (perfect for spring!)

These are in my opinion some absolute classics and can be a life saver!
What are some classics that you cannot do with out? I'd love to know!


Photo credit- Seth

35 comments:

  1. Feel free share you outfit posts here

    http://leilahslipstick.blogspot.com/2013/03/tastefully-styled-thursdays.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pictures are beautiful. I've been there -- waiting and hoping for another shopping to put an item back down! So awkward sometimes. Oh, the things we do for cute clothes ;)

    www.corporategirlstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Yup... the things we do..

      Delete
  3. Love the coat! Definitely worth some awkward stalking :) I love the aviators too. I can never pull those off.

    -Mega from http://dressuponacloudyday.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I used to not be able to as well but these ones from HM seem to work perfect!

      Delete
  4. Ha, don't worry. I think we've all experienced a time when we impatiently wait for someone to put something back on the rack so we could snatch it up ;)
    And that coat was well worth it!!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are great photos..goshh...that view!!!

    http://jezzdallasmakeup.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amaziiing pictures! :)

    xx MJ
    http://shopaholic-thoughts.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you stalked. That made me laugh!! It's cute so I definitely think it was worth looking strange over :)

    www.fashionedible.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such great scenery! Beautiful view!!

    April
    knocked up fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are hilarious and you totally deserve that coat! I love it, it fits the coastline perfectly!
    xo
    girlintheyellowdress.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your coat! It looks so adorable :)

    XoXo
    Teresa
    http://www.chicaffordable.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for voting Hope! Really appreciate it :)

      XoXo
      Teresa

      Delete
  11. Beautiful landscape and amazing coat!

    LUXESSED

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Hope!
    Great pattern and the coat is lovely.
    One of the classics I love is a good trench coat or blazer.
    That place is stunning btw.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely outfit!
    Love this coat :)

    xoxo :*

    a-date-with-fashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that jacket!! Great find Hope!
    xo,
    Becky

    cellajane.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love that jacket! You look amazing!

    http://everythingsalwayssunny.com
    Kristin
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I appreciate you stopping by!

      Delete
  17. I love her coat,this same coat i wanna buy for my girlfriend.....

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the coat!

    xoxo
    tfd-thefashiondistrict.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete
  19. I feel like I've been to this spot...hmm where is this?
    Great outfit + coat!

    Colour Me Classic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a little cliff that is near Bodega Bay off Hwy 1....

      Delete
  20. You look so cute :) great photos!

    xx, Sandra @ Blasfemmes

    ReplyDelete
  21. How fun is your outfit, great!!! Hope you get a chance to see my DASH store experience in LA. =) take care!

    Love A&A
    http://aeroplaneandapparel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete