March 3, 2013

A Need for Speed....









Jeans- J Brand (scored from Ebay) similar
Top- Chambray from JCP
Shoes- Old Navy (from like 100 years ago) similar
Watch- Gift
Aviators- HM

Ahh the glorious white jeans... I put them on and in a second I'm immediately aware of every possible stain... not to mention be a magnet for the inevitable coffee spill... brought to by Clorox bleach making Hope's life possible since 2009...

Well, as promised here and the jeans that I scored off EBay... after it was all said and done I spent only $32 on these bad boys (normally they go new for $187).... ($17jeans +$15 for hemmed).... I couldn't be more pleased... My good friend Ashley asked me last night if I was nervous ordering online without trying them on and I said "no, because the cost of them was such a bargain that if they didn't fit I could probably just re-sell them!"  Fortunately they did... and they are staying in my closet forever.... insert evil laugh here... 

Being that Spring is right around the corner or practically here in California, a good staple like white denim is always good to add to your wardrobe, if you haven't already...
This time I paired it with my trusty chambray, aviators.... messy top knot bun & nude wedges.... very classic... If I had a leather jacket it would be appropriate insert the theme song for Top Gun....
The fact that I was an 80's child is pretty obvious... pretty soon I'll start referencing Karate Kid 2... but I digress...
When wearing white denim you want to keep a few things in mind, 1-the fit, 2- is it versatile enough? 3- the fit.. Being the fact that its white, it's a little less forgiving than say a dark wash blue jean... You want to make sure it's a cut that is classic and will fit you properly... size up if you need to... who cares what size you are anyways? Full disclosure... these jeans are 1 size larger than what I typically buy... and I won't be putting these bad boys in the dryer if you catch my drift... wink...  Focusing on the fit, adding some classic pieces & mixing in a couple of 80's cinema references... You cannot go wrong!

13 comments:

  1. Cute outfit! I love white jeans! And it really is awesome the deal you were able to score on those!
    FashionEdible Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute, love your watch! :D

    xx MJ
    http://shopaholic-thoughts.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like those glasses. Wanted to get that type too but never sure of it fits my face...I am a bit weird bout that :)

    http://jezzdallasmakeup.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should do it! I think they would look great!
      Hope

      Delete
  4. Great advice! It's always a good idea to insert theme songs...all the time.
    xo!
    ashley
    www.thephotogramps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!Had "Danger Zone" stuck in my head for the rest of the night!

      Delete
  5. Those jeans are just great! I love the way they look. I've always wanted a pair and I just keep hearing my mom's voice from when I was a kid saying they would just get dirty.... ahhhh! One day I will fight that voice.
    xo
    girlintheyellowdress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it! That's why they invented bleach am I right?

      Delete
  6. So simple and clean yet so chic! :)

    xx,

    Sandra @ Blasfemmes

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love white denim and you have a great place for background shots! Debbie @ ilovemylemonadelife.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! Clean and crisp outfit, perfect!!

    XoXo
    Teresa
    http://www.chicaffordable.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute bottoms!

    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete