March 14, 2013

Seasonal Awkward Phase...







Top- HM
Jeans- American Eagle (similar)
Shoes- HM
Sunglasses -HM

Gosh, the weather has been simply divine lately... I almost feel bad about talking about since you all East Coast dwellers are getting hammered... as in snowed in not drunk... or maybe both? It was 80 flipping degrees yesterday... Hello? This is March shouldn't it be pouring rain or something.. I know one thing I shouldn't be out in my bare arms or anything... but I was and the fact that I wasn't freezing was a completely win in my book..  We went to the Dry Creek region for the this shoot.. it was glorious... While finishing up the shoot a passerby in car stopped and asked "are those shoes your hiking boots?" which I promptly answered "of course!".... That's how I roll...  

These shoes are a new purchase for me which you might have seen if you follow me on Instagram... I picked them up from H&M a couple of weeks ago and haven't stopped wearing them since.. side zipper and platform, I am in love! They are the perfect balance of ankle booties while still showing a little ankle... somehow if I  don't show those bad boys, I end up with a cankel situation that no one wants to see! 

Yellow is such a fabulous spring color.. and seems to be popping up all over the place... I paired this top with my distressed AE jean "jeggings".. Which if your like me, most distressed jeans don't usually come in a flattering style... how I wish I could wear the Boyfriend jean but nope... not gonna happen... However I was so delighted to find that these jeans have stretch in them! And all the girls with hips cheer! 

 In looking to help make the transition from winter to spring...  my tip is to mix in spring colors with the rest of your wardrobe..  It's always that awkward phase of it's warm out but not enough to really bring out my summer clothes in full swing... so what's a girl gonna do? Sprinkle in a little bit of sunshine into your winter wardrobe, even if you are waist high deep in snow... I'm talking to you Syracuse, NY! Right now I've been dying for some sweet neon pumps or an emerald green clutch... Something like that, can really brighten up any winter blah days...  How are you getting through the seasonal awkward phase? I'd love to know!    


18 comments:

  1. Well, in VA it´s definitely more on the warmer site but it´s the constant up and down in degrees that makes me wanna scream!! One day 65 the other 42 so crazy...never know what to wear!

    http://jezzdallasmakeup.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. looking lovely!Im ur new follower:) I would be happy to be followed back and plz I need you to click on SHEINSIDE in Red on my blog plz xoxo
    www.fashionearthyrainbows.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. ALWAYS glamorous and SASSY! Love your stuff!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your top!!!
    Great blog...if you want we can follow each other, it would be great...tell me what do you think =)
    kisses,
    vogue4breakfast.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so seasonally awkward right now. The other day I went out in a summery turquoise top and coral cardigan and just got BLASTED by the freezing Boston wind. Mistake. Yesterday it was back to puffer coats and scarves. When will winter end?! You look darling in the sunshine. Lucky girl.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look like boyfriend jeans!! I would never guess they were jeggings. I have yet to find a boyfriend jean that fits well. I don't like swimming in them but also don't want them to be too tight. I once read that if you buy skinnies in a few sizes too big for you, they will look like boyfriend jeans. Will have to test that out...

    FashionEdible Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a really interesting tip... you'll have to keep me posted on how that works out!

      Delete
  7. This is my favourite kind of outfit! I love your top.
    xo
    girlintheyellowdress.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the yellow, great outfit!

    Ivana
    http://ruedetreschic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love these jeans! And, I hear ya sister, the weather has been beautiful here lately, too! The 90s this weekend! WHAT! :) Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG.. the 90's! Glorious! I'm a little bit of a sun junkie...

      Delete
  10. I really like your blog dear! You have a great eye for style!
    Keep up with the great work :)

    XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, thank you so much! I really appreciate your kind words!

      Delete