April 29, 2013

Gold Stars & Pep Talks....





Top- Joppa
Jeans- AE
Shoes- Bass
Sunglasses-HM

Have you ever been so busy that you're not sure what to start first? It's like ADD on steroids sometimes... I read on Pinterest once "if a man wants to know what's going on in a woman's mind, just open up 250 tabs on your Internet browser and just bounce around all of them." Haha.. so true... Us ladies are are like the ultimate multi-taskers... Right now, my "real job" has entered it's busiest season... I'm also the wedding coordinator for a friend that is getting married on Saturday and 2 weekends ago my mom was in town... and it doesn't stop there! But I will... because any further it will sound a bit like whining... unless of course wine is involved, in which then I'm totally OK with that...

So now, here I am with this little conversation in my head... "I've got to get an outfit post up on the blog, it's been like ages and my readers are going to think I've disappeared .. How the heck can I squeeze in time for a little photo shoot?.. not to mention writing"... and then the little voice says, "other bloggers do this everyday... if you can't do this then I guess your not cut out to be a blogger..."  To which I say... total crap... I've got other words for that but my mom reads this and well.. ya know...

 Life happens, and I happen to be in one of the busiest times right now, so what? I'm a toughie... made out of more than just red hair and hazel eyes...  and I know that this is what I'm meant to do.. so little voice in my head.... you can go to hell... just sayin...that's my little pep talk...

I think it's really easy to look at others with the perception that they've somehow tapped into their superpowers and have endless amounts of energy and can always get everything done... Well, I'm not one of those people...  It's bare your soul Monday over here folks... To me, it creates all of these unrealistic expectations... Ahhh the pressure! 

It's a lot what we do, as bloggers, as women, as people... on a daily basis if we are not congratulating ourselves for the little accomplishments then I think we should all go back to 1st grade when everything is celebrated... Gold stars all around! .. Cue my Oprah impersonation... "you get a gold star and you get a gold star and you get a gold star!" As, for a style tip... take it easy on yourself... If your like me and fighting feeling overwhelmed don't add to it with unrealistic expectations... just be you... and slap on some lip gloss, curl your hair, pour yourself a drink... and breathe... then maybe watch a little YouTube... because nothing says "coping" like a cat falling into a bathtub...

18 comments:

  1. Love the tittle of this post:) Gorgeous photos dear. Love your outfit too!!!


    www.plogstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... outfit post... perfect! :) Love your sunglasses and jeans!
    www.styleofdarina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha, yes, I totally know what you mean, not knowing where to start! And wedding of a friend, and mom in town, and so on! 250 tabs - the one who said that is wrong, open 500! :) I just read your other posts, and I loved the question "does it matter where we blog from?" I also lived in many cities, and sometimes, I was so happy in some that I didn't post at all, just enjoying other things - now I think I'm more balanced :) You look so happy in this post's pictures, such a lovely smile! Loved your posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much Denise for your kind words.. however I have to be clear, that question of where we blog from is an original write up by Jennine Jacob of IFB (Independent Fashion Bloggers. My blog was selected in the Links A' La Mode write up... Which Jennine Jacob wrote...

      Delete
  4. Love this! I always start so many things and then get distracted because I remember I need to do something else. Like starting laundry folding and then going on to vacuum halfway through because I just so happened to remember then. Too many thoughts but that's what keeps life interesting, I guess!
    FashionEdible Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks Grace! It's always nice to know I'm not the only one!

      Delete
  5. So cute you are! Shall we follow? let me know XSE
    www.supongoestilo.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a cute look! I love the white top!

    http://www.brightandsassy.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel like that at least once a week it seems! I love this outfit..simple yet chic :)

    Kristine
    www.pugglewearsprada.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have such a cute smile. Thanks for sharing these!

    Stella + Charlie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Most bloggers have an actual job on top of blogging, so no one has really time to do anything...I squeeze my posts in whenever I can, granted I work a lot from home, that helps :) but live never gets easier...just more busy it seems.

    Lovely outfit!!

    http://jezzdallasmakeup.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving the boyfriend jeans Hope!!

    xx,
    Becky
    cellajane.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. great post :)love your blog, would you like to follow eachother? why dont you follow me through gfc and blog lovin and let me know :) ill definitely follow back!

    xx Jeeshan
    www.beautydosage.com

    ReplyDelete