September 19, 2013

Feel The Burn: No Pain... No Gain...



Let's be real... after squats, lunges, working the glutes and everything esle... even the most menial tasks are evaluated...Who knew that toilets are so flippin low?? Oh it's a real crisis folks....  Sitting on the couch after dinner, I want something to drink...I think,  am I really that thirsty? It's a lot of work to stand up and then sit back down again..Oh the agony...  Legs not rubbing together while walking? I'll take it... Uh... seriously evaluating the need to sit down on anything? That's a tough one...

Right now I will be honest... the whole fitness/weight loss thang is going slow.. honestly slower than I would like.. however these these take time and I'm still seeing progress.. Even though I would like to run around the block without feeling like I need an oxygen mask!  This week I did, 10 (girly) push ups with no problem! No carpet face plants for me! Mountain Climbers? Did them like a beast... however the next day I could have parked in the "Expectant Mothers" parking spot at Target and no one would have questioned me, just by the way I was walking... I've perfected the waddle...

In the pain of progress I keep telling myself it will get better... and eventually I will see my goals but until then I'll take it as a win when I can climb the two flights of stairs to my apartment in stilettos without whimpering... cuz Lord knows I'm not giving up the stilettos... Here I am working out, hitting a punching bag like a boss... Doing the lunges down the street being like "oh yeah, I work out"... "What these lunges? Oh yeah.. no big deal.." And then the next day reality hits... that you've just been beaten.. by toilet..
Final score...Toilet-1 Me-0.

No comments:

Post a Comment