November 23, 2013

Gift Guide For The Guys...


It's that time of year! Time to get shopping! Ya know, you would think that buying gifts for our guys would be easier... but honestly it's so hard.. My husband he seriously is the greatest however whenever he wants something he plans on buying it himself ... which to me is like "seriously??!"... I love surprising people.. actually I love surprises just in general... so when I can find a present for someone and it's not something they told me they wanted it almost makes it better... like I get extra points or something for finding a gift he'll love that wasn't on his list... It's a complex I'm pretty sure...

My husband has been really into hunting these days, so for our Anniversary I thought (all on my own) of getting him a hunting cookbook... Found a perfect book and with my very proud self I ordered from Amazon and boom! I was a gift giving GENIUS!! Eat your heart out Santa.. Then the thought occurs to me... Uh oh, the confirmation email... Seth is going to see it.. Nah... I think "he never checks his email and I'll just delete it when I get home before he sees it... and that was the end of that... Not even 30 minutes go by and Seth is in my office (we work together and yes I made an online purchase at work... I know I'm a terrible employee... blah blah blah...) Seth is in my office and asks "did you buy me a book?" to which I'm like "seriously? How did you know that?" "I got the email while I was on break"... dang it, stupid technology...  "Uh, well yeah.." to which he responds, "well I thought it was fraud so I canceled it... " Cue look of disbelief... So then I had to go back in and reorder the same book and then tell Seth to disregard the confirmation email... Ugh... trying to surprise my guy is hard work! That my friends is why we now have separate Amazon accounts... he loved the book by the way and was looking at something similar that morning without my knowledge... #worldsgreatestwife that apparently is challenged in the art of surprising her man...

So I've created three different sets of gift possibilities for the guy in your life, hopefully it will aid to inspiration... if you want to see the individual item details simply click on the picture... Do you have any gift giving bumbles?  I'd love to know!  Good luck and happy shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment