November 26, 2013

Swedish Apple Pie...


 In a recent blogpost I mentioned how I made a Swedish Apple Pie and a couple of you asked for a post of the recipe! Well in the spirit of giving here it is... I may or may not have touched up my manicure for this...

Peel and slice as many apples as you need, I slice them into the baking dish I'm using so I know I've got enough... I usually make this into a pie plate but I took it to a dinner at friends so I needed more than usual.....



Once you have enough apples toss with 1/2 tsp Cinnamon & 1/2 tsp sugar (you can just eyeball it).. Mix and put back into the baking dish...


In a seperate bowl mix 1 Cup of Flour & 1 Cup of Sugar.. 3/4 (1 stick and half) I used more since I was making more.... and 1 egg.



Pour melted butter into the flour mixture and stir quickly so you dont scramble the egg.. mix well and it will look like the picture below...


Pour the buttery sugary glob mixture on top of the apples, try to distribute as evenly as possible... and bake 350 for 1 hour....


Prepare yourself for the amazing smells about to come from your kitchen... and this is the end result!


If you having a dinner party or supposed to bring a dessert to a group gathering or even Thanksgiving Dinner... this recipe is sure to impress! Simply top with vanilla ice-cream and indulge... I'm not sure where I got this recipe and I realize that this is really more of a cobbler than a pie... however I like to call it a pie, it makes me feel like I've accomplished more! Between apples, cinnamon & butter you really can't go wrong and this recipe has it all! I hope you enjoy and Happy Thanksgiving!


~Swedish Apple Pie~
  • As many apples as needed (peeled & sliced)
  • 1/2 tsp of Cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp of sugar (less if apples are really sweet)
Mix put in the baking dish. 

Top
  • 1 Cup Flour
  • 1 Cup Sugar
  • 3/4 Butter (melted all the way)
  • 1 Egg
Mix, pour over filling and bake for 1 hour at 350

No comments:

Post a Comment