December 3, 2013

Pinterest, Ebay, Stretchy Pants.. Oh My....



Oh Pinterest... how you seduce me... Life lately has been a whirlwind of  family time, overeating, stretchy pants and burning my tongue consistently on hot cocoa... It's the price I'm willing to pay for the Holidays! It's officially here, my favorite time of year... and these are some things I've pinned on my Pinterest lately... the hub of holiday and fashion inspiration....

Lately I can't get enough of slouchy sweaters and anything ski lodge related I mean isn't that picture of Audrey Hepburn divine? It's like a combo of all things awesome.. fashion, Audrey, snow & fabulousness...
I think love affair with all ski lodge things comes from being raised in NY and a winter without snow is just unheard of ...California fail... and even though I do not miss those 4 feet of snow winters.. for realz.. I do miss hearing the crunch of snow under my boots and stepping outside to hear the silence the falling snow makes... it's just magical... Also currently obsessed with any thing Christmassy, such as ice skating or plaid or a Christmas tree on top of a car... I cant resist it... Along with my Christmas obsession is flare jeans... for some reason right now I'm dying for a great pair of high wasted flares.. channel my inner Rachel Zoe... well kinda... Picture this, high wasted flares, red plaid button down, faux fur vest & wide brim floppy hat or just another slouchy sweater.. to hide the inevitable food baby.. I mean it's so perfect!

My trick for finding some great designer jeans is Ebay.. I have found some great deals on there and I always plan on getting alterations to ensure a good fit & length...I do not have any delusions about this, a 34 inch inseam isn't ever going to work... My tip for buying jeans on Ebay is (especially if your picky about the fit) buy only something that is in amazing condition and  in case it doesn't fit well,  you can re-sell... I bought a pair of JBrand jeans for a steal ($30 after alterations) but I wasn't certain on the fit.. so I planned on if they didn't fit I could re-coup some money back by selling to Plato's Closet (unaltered)... If that isn't an option for you or they simply wont give you enough money just pop them back on Ebay! Done and done! Personally I always calculate the shipping along with the cost of alterations added to the list price to determine if I'm getting a good deal... Then I also give myself a cap on bidding an easy way to do that is setting it with the auto bidder... It's really easy and it will keep track of your bids so you don't have to! And that's it, with those tips I'm sure you can find some seriously awesome denim for a bargain! Now I'm on the hunt for either some Hudson or JBrand high wasted flares... I know they are out there... Come to mama!

No comments:

Post a Comment