November 20, 2013

Be The Leading Lady Of Your Life...


Be The Leading Lady Of Your Life...

Lately I must confess, I've been behaving like the "best friend"... I've been down on myself for lack of blog posts and lack of outfit pictures... we're getting real here folks! It's not for a lack of wanting, oh the desire has been there but find myself thinking thoughts like "get it together Hope".. and "can you really do this?" To which I say, "what the?" I've got a real grown up life going on and when that happens.. well.. sometimes the inspiration doesn't always flow.. ya know? But beyond that I've allowed myself to think about me not as the leading lady but someone who is off to the side... not cool.. 
It's not a good thought pattern and it sneaks in so quickly, in this world of beauty, trends and fashion statements those are all amazing but a complete waste if I'm not thinking of myself in the real light... a positive light...  "in the movies there is the best friend and a leading lady, you I can tell are a leading lady but for some reason you are behaving like the best friend..." 
It's true.. and when I realized this I'm inspired to change..has anything changed in my circumstances? Obviously not since there is a video up there and not pictures of me trying pose.. posing is hard work... however my attitude has gotten a nice swift kick in the behind... exactly what it needed... Everyday is a red carpet moment and wherever you go it is your runway... you are the leading lady of your life... and when you  believe it, others will too...  What do you do when you hear those thoughts that bring you down or say you aren't amazing? I have ignore it and listen to the voice that says "you're beautiful, you're amazing... you are strong and that when you smile it shakes the world... " That's the voice I have to listen to and if I can't hear it then I remember what I've heard before... because all it takes is just a second of quiet and you'll hear it.. that positive voice that says.. "You're amazing..." It's what completes any look and makes me be the most beautiful version of myself... that my friend is the necessary accessory to any outfit! 

No comments:

Post a Comment