September 15, 2014

Tips & Life Lessons: Ebay...


Isn't that the truth... Today I'm grieving the loss of some deliciously lovely Frye Boots... Ugh.. Ebay user t***y2, I'm shaking my fist at you! Beat me by a lousy $2.50!! It's fine, it's fine it wasn't meant to be... that's what I'm telling myself... But seriously now... Can we just talk about the fabulous-ness of Ebay? I think you know my love of it but seriously, I mean, it's just so great.. addicting? Possibly.. the same way Pinterest is, with no intention of stopping...  I mean, you want a vintage San Francisco 49rs jersey? Or designer jeans? Or gorgeous leather boots (*sob) it's there for you, like the gift that keeps giving... Here's a few tips and life lessons in the wonderful world of Ebay..

  • The auto bid function...ahhhh.... set the highest ammount you are willing to go and voila! Bidding war started... what can I say, I like to win... confession, I kinda get giddy about the thought that I'm winning before the other bidder knows it... evil laugh...
  • Ebay mobile app... that bad boy sends you push notifications when an item you are watching is ending soon... jaw on the floor..
  • If I can't find an item in the store, ie.. sold out.. I usually search Ebay... true story, the 3.1 Phillip Lim collection for Target items are still selling on Ebay! However, don't pay more than what you would have paid in the store.. a bag that was only $50 in the store should never go for $100, that's just dumb..another sore subject...
  • Be ready to walk away, that max bid is set there for a reason! Case in point that purse that I bid on, by Phillip Lim, ended at the final sale of over $100!!! What the? Seriously people... I walked away at waaayyy below $50... and that's what is important to me.. 
  • Double check the shipping costs... if the shipping is more than the item, is it worth it?? To me it's not.. because I am working with a budget and if I don't calculate the shipping, I will blow my budget every time... 
Well, that's my rant tips.. I hope you've enjoyed this as much as I have.. In the meantime I'll be on the hunt for the perfect riding boots..

No comments:

Post a Comment