October 6, 2014

Life is Kickball...


Confession.. I've said no to things and opportunities because I thought I wouldn't be good at it... jaw on the floor... I mean, honestly... How does that get you where you want to go? It doesn't... Sometimes I think we are all just kids in our minds, playing the game of kickball and you hear in your head, "oh Hope is kicking, everybody move forward...' So to spare ourselves that kind of pain again or embarrassment we don't go for the dreams or opportunities that we really need in our life...

For me, I've avoided trying things or I quit too early because I'm not immediately good at it... Which, is total crap.. right? I mean we are meant to learn things, it's something that we are supposed to do..That it's ok to be smack in  the middle of a process, to try anyway..to dust your self off and go for it again.. Because at the end of the day, our worth is not defined by how successful our career is anything like that... We are amazing. Period.

The more we learn, the more we grow, the more we inspire others..The more I take risks, the more I can reach for things that normally would have seemed out of my reach... All we can do, is try our best and so what if you can't throw a pigeon clay and you're in front of a ton of people and they're all telling you how to do it and you may or may not start crying... true story that really happened... So what if you walk into a pole while waving hello to a guy... True story, that really happened... So what if you start singing in the wrong key.. on stage.. in front of your whole church...again that's really happened, more than once...

In life we are not guaranteed to avoid embarrassing moments or moments where we are really nervous to try something new.. but when we channel our inner Taylor Swift and "shake it off" we can really do amazing things.. if not for anyone else but ourselves..  That's me, that's where I'm at.. being brave, choosing to believe in myself and praying along the way.. That's all we can do right? Just go for it, you are amazing and you will rock this... So step up to that home plate, and kick that ball... kick it hard!

No comments:

Post a Comment