June 20, 2013

Feel The Burn: Week 3...



World English Dictionary
plyometrics  (ˌplaɪəʊˈmɛtrɪks) [Click for IPA pronunciation guide]
— pl n
functioning as singular a system of exercise in which the muscles are repeatedly stretched andsuddenly contracted
Definition:   a type of exercise using explosive movements to develop muscular power, esp.bounding, hopping, and jumping. 


Hope's Definition: a type of exercise where random bursts of awkward movements mixed with the desire to utter obscenities at the video instructor while trying to master the art of squats and lunges and not look like a complete dork. (it's not working)

Needless to say it's not for sissies.. I've been doing good trying to keep up with the boys.. but my workout kicked my behind on Tuesday...  Not to mention I forgot my pre-workout banana... won't make that mistake again... Hello foot cramps!  So on Wednesday I took it easy and went for a nice walk with the hubs... pacing myself and back at it tonight with a different workout ..thank God. and a coconut water (more potassium than a banana) .... Here's the improvement, I can tell I'm already doing better than I was last week. I made it through and hour instead of 30 min.. swearsies... and even though my squat jumps look utterly ridiculous, I'm already starting to feel my muscles start to take shape! What the what?! Here's the biggest improvement of all... I'm actually wanting to workout every single day! HOLLA! And while there are days that I don't, just the fact that I want to is a win! I'll take it.. 
Thanks for all your amazing support! I couldn't do it without you!

No comments:

Post a Comment