January 10, 2014

Fashion Blogger Without Makeup! *gasp*

Ever see those magazine covers where they are shouting "stars without makeup!" Oh no Kim Kardashian without makeup?? What is happening to the world??? I mean really... how is it that we've elevated certain people to a "non human" status... hey y'all... their feet stink just like everyone else...

It got me thinking about us bloggers in the blogger loving world... we adore our fashion, our makeup our DIY projects and of course our lovely #OOTD... but it makes me wonder... I don't want you to compare your life to mine... or gosh even worse I don't want you to think that my life is perfect...
  ..that would never happen I'm way too honest...

So since a picture is worth a 1000 words here it is.. me without makeup...

You want to know something funny, most of my life I grew up thinking I wasn't pretty or photogenic... Some how somewhere along the way we start comparing ourselves to someone who has spent hours in hair & makeup, hired a stylist, professionally photographed & photo-shopped...  The crazy thing is we are all supposed be our own superstar... I learned a few years ago that I'm a beautiful work of art and to think of myself of anything less isn't an accurate perception... 

In this blogger world only seen through the eyes of a camera you are given only a glimpse and that's it...  So I've decided to give you a glimpse of the real world...I've got wrinkles... it's because on Sunday I'll be 32.. woah... Sometimes I get awkward feet when posing for pictures... I almost regularly spill coffee on myself... I've got weight I want to loose and in the morning I wake up with bad breath...  yup.. getting ridiculously real...

Without photo shop, makeup or a stylist... It's important to love ourselves... for the amazing work of art we are... and work on the things that need work, like our attitude, being more generous and making others around us feel loved and appreciated... 

As a blogger and a potential role model I want to inspire two things.. You are amazing & be real... So if any of my fellow bloggers would like to join me.. I'd love to hear your thoughts on this! Or if you are so inclined do a post on being real... the really real you! If you do I want to know it... tweet me at @HHDesigns on Twitter or just leave a blog comment! You are amazing, brave & you will change the world.. Stay fabulous because you already are!

No comments:

Post a Comment