January 16, 2014

Skincare Routine & Must Haves!

Skincare routine....



Philosophy facial cleanser / Tarte bath body product / The Body Shop bath body product / Beauty product / Beauty product, $48 / Eos beauty product

Well it's officially winter and my skin knows it! I have dry skin in general but this winter with the lack of rain.. well it's like the Sahara... I thought I would share with you my absolute favorite skincare products & routine..  For my skin I need moisture like alot of it.. and I need to exfoliate regularly...  Here is my routine.. which mainly happens at night..

1- Wash face with Philosophy Purity facial cleanser.. I like this because it's a basic no nonsense cleanser without all that crap in it..

2-Scrub face with Saint Ives Apricot Scrub.. I adore this stuff.. been using like since forever.. I can't remember maybe 15 or 16? Seriously long time.. I love it because it clears up my skin nicely and exfoliates... in the summertime, I don't exfoliate this often, more like every other day... however this is a new step for me..hello getting older.. so who knows this summer could be different..

Then by this point my ultra staying power eyeliner and waterproof mascara has bled like crazy and I look like something from a scary movie. no lie..

3- With a cotton ball I remove the excess eye makeup with The Body Shop's beautifying oil.. it's like a dry oil, smells amazing.. and seriously gets off everything.. (it's pretty much amazing for anything need moisture, legs, arms, hair).. and it smells like the beach...ahh.. I find that this is great for around the eye area since its a gentle oil...

4- I then moisturize my entire face (including lips) with Egyptian Magic.. this stuff is amazing.. its really thick so I don't recommend using this during the day.. it's perfect for a night cream.. only it's not a cream it's more of the consistency of a lip balm... It has been seriously the best thing for my skin since drinking water.. honestly so amazing.. I put it on at night and wake up to beautiful soft skin... it's all natural and loved by Madonna, Kate Hudson & Rachel Zoe...

Lastly is my must haves... which I listed most of them in in my routine except Tarte's Maracuja Oil.. seriously amazing.. I've used their sample for a week (saving for the big bottle) and it did wonders for my skin! It's anti aging.. score... gives a dewy glow and is perfect mixing with your foundation for a little more moisture.. This is a great daytime oil to prep skin for foundation... also through the day I'll use EOS lip balm which is incredible.. I keep it in my purse... love the stuff.. if you haven't tried it then run to you local Target get sucked in to their amazing deals and then when your standing in line to purchase something fabulous, pick up EOS lip balm, they are always in the checkout aisle...

That's it! If you have any questions or comments I'd love to hear them!


No comments:

Post a Comment