May 28, 2013

Camping Convert? Our Trip To Yosemite....

























Two sisters... two husbands... two tents... three bottles of wine.. a lot of food... and an Astro van...  was the adventure that happened this last weekend...  Nothing quite says high roller like a white Astro van... Which we are incredible thankful to Seth's parent's for loaning that to us... We had an absolutely wonderful time...  Thursday -Saturday we were camping in Yosemite National Park... You couldn't have asked for more beautiful weather... except I froze my assets off at night...  brrr.... So, chic... my two layers of pants, over sized sweatshirt... and thick socks.... Oh I was stylin....go ahead be jealous... 

The campground didn't have showers... gasp... I know, I know.. lets just say that baby wipes and dry shampoo was the star of the show... I did have lofty intentions to have a sincere "glamping" experience.. but..  Well, it's hard to feel "glam-ified" when you haven't showered and you smell like wood smoke.. A little makeup and a  lot of deodorant I felt a little more human... You should have seen me with my makeup brushes in the ladies bathroom making sure my foundation was blended... and deciding that I was going to use mostly matte eye shadow that day..Haven't had a shower but choosing the right eye shadow was a priority.... I got a few looks...  But I must confess I think I might be a camping convert... I will definitely do this again.. and change a few things... Here's what I would do differently...

1-Buy air mattress that doesn't deflate in the middle of the night...
2- Bring real wine glasses... . sipping our $2 Chuck out of Styrofoam just doesn't cut it...
3-Camp where they have showers.. 

Otherwise, laughing alot.....drinking wine, seeing the scenery.. laughing some more.. being with some simply fabulous people... drinking more wine, roasting marshmallows ..  laughing about our classy Styrofoam cups ... and being in an area that doesn't get cell reception created a lovely relaxing experience... One for the books... 

No comments:

Post a Comment