July 1, 2013

Feel the Burn: Life's a beach...





 California is experiencing a pretty ridiculous heat wave.. I must confess that generally we are pretty spoiled around here... But it rained two weekends ago  (to which I'm sure there could be a case for state legislature to make it illegal to rain in the summer months)  and now it's crazy temps of 105 in certain areas.. and the whole Bay Area is freakin out... To where the rest of  America is rolling their eyes and saying "Get a grip California"... 

Well, we took a little picnic to the beach and I forgot what type of skin tone I had...  sat in font of the waves and soaked up the glorious sunshine while laughing at our own jokes.. I read a magazine while catching some "rays"... Well.... I caught a ridiculous amount of rays in about 1.5 hours... Enter,  stupid stupid sunburn....  OMG... do I feel the burn... I've had this same skin for 31 years, this isn't my first rodeo... So I definitely should know better! However there are some moments in life when you are face to face with your stupidity and you must be a legit grown up and own it... Well, this is one is mine..  "Hope, you will never have the skin of Jennifer Lopez... you must get over it"... sigh...ok.

 Well, after coming home and slathering on a bucket of Aloe Vera... I then proceeded to do my workout.. Which this week was all about working my core, enter lots of  floor exercises... Superman and Banana.. I officially hate you... not only because it's a ridiculously hard workout but it means rolling from stomach to back while keeping your arms and legs off the ground... cue my really stupid sunburn... yup you guessed I was really "feeling the burn" in more ways then I cared to.. also I got an up close view of my carpet and all I could think was wow.. I really need to vacuum! 
 As for my progress in my workout journey, I'm building muscles!!! Sometimes I like to flex my muscles in the mirror just so I'm reminded of why I'm doing what I'm doing... it's the little things in life... It's amazing how a little muscle definition can get you so excited and a not so little sunburn can make you incredible grateful for the stockpile of Aloe Vera that we keep on hand... #winning 

No comments:

Post a Comment