July 4, 2013

Step Up To The Plate: A Stripes Love Affair


trying my best awkward foot pose.. nailed it!




Top- Old Navy
Shorts-Old Navy
Sandals- Cotton On
Hat- Stole from my husband

What's this? An outfit post? Gasp... I know, I know.. it's been too long..guilty face.. Last night my hubs and I headed out to a little league baseball field to grab some pictures before the light left... He took 2 pictures.. and what happened? My camera battery died.. fail.. we improvised with my phone, I apologize about the quality.. Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do...

Since we were going to go to the base ball field, I felt a baseball cap was in order it added some color to my look and not to mention it hid my "it's the end of the day" flat hair.. I originally wanted to show you a cute 4th of July pic, you know the kind...  in a coordinated red, white and blue look, holding a mini flag .. however that's hard for me to pull off without looking a 50 something grandma wearing fireworks earrings, quilting her way through Indiana... So, this is what you get... I found both the top & shorts at Old Navy.. Which they are totally killing it this season for me! 

If you you were to look in my dresser and closet you would see my obsession with stripes.. I think I secretly feel like if I wear blue and white stripes.. I belong on a sailboat somewhere in the Hampton's living like a Tommy Hilfiger commercial... which who doesn't want that? Paired with white shorts and I'm a total prep... Honestly though this top would pair well with any bottoms, a skirt half tucked in , with  pair of  distressed cut offs or belted with a black pencil skirt.. The options are really endless! 

As for my shorts.. gosh, I bought the white version and I'm honestly thinking about going back and buying one in every color.. they are just that good.. the perfect length, material and goes with literally everything! Again, Old Navy.. thanks for saving my summer wardrobe.. If you're needing a couple of great summer pieces, head on over to your Old Navy and pick up these shorts or top! Honest.. they are the bomb dot com. 

No comments:

Post a Comment