July 15, 2013

Feel The Burn: Progress & Determination, It's Been One Month!




Posting not so flattering pics? I think I will!

You know that anxious feeling when you step on the scale and inside your praying "please be kind, please be kind" and you look down with one eye open?... well, yeah I had that moment a couple of days ago.. I stepped on the scale for the first time in like a month and it was...not amazing... OMG... I gained 2lbs?! What the? I was not happy.. and then the thoughts started in, you know the ones I'm talking about those pesky negative thoughts... "you know you didn't work hard enough, you'll never loose weight, just like every other time you try hard and nothing happens"... Total crap those thoughts... they only tear us down and deflate our hope and help us quit... not cool! Personally I'm trying to not listen those those negative thoughts, if it doesn't encourage me than I don't have time for it... sorry, soapbox moment..

I was trying to pick myself up from my disappointment when all of a sudden the thought occurred to me, maybe I gained muscle? Could it be? We all know muscle weighs more than fat... The only way to know for sure is to take measurements... so I did, last night.. and right before I did, I gave myself a little pep talk.. I do that alot..."no matter what, I wont be discouraged"... Well folks I did my measurements and whadda ya know? I lost 2 inches on my waist and 1/2 an inch on my arms! I'm so thrilled and going on every day you don't notice and any difference but posting these pics side by side, WOW!  The left side is the old, the right is after one month.. The last two are the most dramatic! I'm kinda sold on this whole measuring thing... it really does show the whole story... 

As for this next month, I'm going to start incorporating some diet changes and part of that is figuring out how to make it work for our lifestyle...  Honestly, I'm not sure how busy people eat healthy.. There are some days I get home from work so physically & mentally exhausted that prepping a for a super healthy "Paleo, veggie meal" sounds  impossible... I'm in complete awe of those ladies who can live a busy/healthy lifestyle and till mange to get sleep? They probably always fold their laundry on time, don't kill their houseplants and never spill coffee on their white jeans... Ahh, that would be the life...

If you have any tips or suggestions, let me know!    I'm determined to make this work... and just a little taste of progress is motivating! Thanks for your support! I couldn't do this without you!


No comments:

Post a Comment