October 14, 2013

Falling For You...

Falling For You...

Falling For You... by hchdesigns featuring platform heel pumps

Lately I've been totally falling for anything red.. It's one of my favorite colors... and true story I wore amazing red heels for my wedding shoes.. I was so glam...but I digress... When the Phillip Lim Target collection hit stores like an idiot I thought for sure I'd have days to score one of his trademark bags...  You know that part in Pretty Woman? "Big mistake... Huge"... I went to my local Target thinking I'd obviously still have a chance in my area.. When I asked the sales associate for help, he looked at me with look of pity and said "they were gone within hours"... So, I'd accepted my fate and let the dream die and honestly I'd only seen the bag online so I wasn't so certain it was the right one for me anyways... So then a week later, I spotted one lonely bag in the Target in Montana.. I couldn't believe my luck "what? Can this be true?" and then in a moment of what I'll call fashion stupidity... I put the bag down and walked away... Granted, I wasn't in a frame of mind to really think clearly... Rule of thumb, do not make decisions on handbags that you've been wanting forever when you are in the middle of a family crisis...  so I walked away.. and all the fashion world is screaming in slow motion... "Nooooo!!!"

Sigh.. So now instead of going for the $55 one.. classic Hope.. I've got my eye on the $800 red one that I like even more.. I keep thinking there's got to be a way I can score this awesome-ness...save my money, take on a few extra jobs, sell a kidney.. Ya know the usual options.. Expensive taste.. the bane of my existence.. that and laundry.. but I want to talk about that... Between my desire for scarves, gold office supplies and my ridiculously overpriced fashion choices..Fall shopping/Christmas wish list is getting full and who can blame me when there are sweet things like an $800 bag or a $1400 Burberry Trench to dream over.. and everyone in my family says "keep dreamin Hope"... Oh I will and if all else fails there's always the whole sell a  kidney option... kidding..

No comments:

Post a Comment