October 16, 2013

Feel The Burn: Motivation & Procrastination..



Procrastination... it should be a skill... or like something you'd want to put on a resume'... I'm skilled in administrative duties, customer service and I excel in rolling over and hitting the snooze button.. For the last few weeks I've had a desire to go running... mostly because my dad used to and I think I want to give it a try.... however I've yet to put that motivation to good use and actually get myself on the road for a good run...

I'm one of those girls that gets excited about exercise because I can buy new workout gear.. I mean, I'm all about looking good and feeling good but come on? Who doesn't want another excuse for some sweet gear? That and making a good playlist... a girl can't workout without some tunes! I believe that a good workout/running mix needs to have the proper mix of good beats and embarrassing tunes from my childhood... fake cough Spice Girls... I honestly believe that if you can get out of bed in the morning then you're golden! However I've yet to master that... unless of course Starbucks is involved and then I'm out of bed with lightning speed.... for local readers if you see a 30 something woman sprinting to Starbucks you'll know I've figured out this whole procrastination thang... Oh the power of espresso & foam...

As for my "Feel the Burn" goals... well... lets just say it's still a goal and I haven't given up but it hasn't been easy... The most important thing I'm doing right now is being easy on myself.. My life has been nuts since I last posted a Feel the Burn post and I believe that in part of having a healthy lifestyle is knowing your limits... For me, I feel that maybe a good run once -twice a week is a good starting over place... Also have a healthy lifestyle is not taking yourself too seriously! And to that I'll confess that I've had this running mix for almost a year and I've yet to use it while running... there I said it... I also wonder how many of us buy yoga pants and actually use them for yoga..Deep thoughts today by yours truly...

No comments:

Post a Comment