December 5, 2012

Home for the Holidays...

Home for the Holidays...

Home for the Holidays... by hopehowland featuring beanie hats

I leave with my husband in one week to go see my parents for a portion of the holidays.... They are in, wait for it... Montana... How quintessential Christmas is that? I looked up the local forecast today and could barely contain my excitement for SNOW!!! You would never think that this NY girl (yes I was raised in NY don't hold it against me it was Upstate and we are cool...) would be so blasted excited about snow... Oh but I am! My mind goes to cozy sweaters,beanie hats, retro 60's ski lodge...The sound of cold snow crunching under your boots, game nights, hot chocolate and being fabulous... To me, winter fashion is all about having more options! And we all know how I feel about options...

Here in Cali winter is just one thing... rain... and don't get me wrong I'm thankful for 70 degree weather in February just like everyone else... but in December you are just supposed to have snow, I think it's like some sort of Christmas ground rule... In prepping for this trip, I'm tempted to run out and stock up on mittens... but... I will hold back...

Lately I've been seeing a retro inspired pattern on sweaters.. I love it.. honestly, I would have multiples of these if I didn't need to pay rent...FYI... everything in this set is $100 and under ...Christmas ain't cheap...  In general, when you are going wear a nice geometric pattern, pair it with solid colors and classics... I love the green parka, classic and the faux fur trim says you want to have fun..and who doesn't want to have fun? I plan on re-creating a version (or two) of this ensemble... I will channel my inner Audrey Hepburn, soak up the Christmas spirit and try not to freeze my assets off... Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment