November 17, 2012

Put a hat on, and get over it...


Well, it's the time of year where the rain is a coming down and all I want to do is sleep in and drink hot coffee while watching a cheesy Hallmark movie... Don't worry I didn't... sometimes I can't even handle my own level of cheesy-ness....

In a few days my sister and her husband will be visiting for Thanksgiving along with our mutually good friend Shenyel... so Seth and I will be hosting this next week 3 adults in our 650 sq foot apartment... and also then his parents and sister for Thanksgiving Day... yes that's right you counted correctly, 8 adults sitting at our table in our living/dining room...and honestly,  I LOVE hosting! I know its like a nightmare for some people but for me its like my favorite thing.. Weird... I know..

Thanks to the husband for loaning the hat, which covers a world of "not so great' hair... sweatshirt is from... cringe.. Walmart...Yes.. I shop at Walmart... don't judge...Jeans- American Eagle, Shoes- Chuck Taylor..

In preparing for "Operation Awesome Thanksgiving" my to-do list is quite long....So forgive me for not being extra "stylish" ... but even on those days, you know what I am talking about ladies... it's a debate on whether you clean the apartment or go super stylish glam? Always a dilemma for me...  In those moments I find it's helpful to just give casual an upgrade.. my option was use a hat! So even though I am wearing a sweatshirt and Chucks, I still need to look cute... And since my housecleaning plans were slightly derailed from a meeting I needed to attended,  (going in my PJ's wasn't an option) this was a good compromise.... 

And let's face it.. this is real life we are living...and sometimes you need to slap on the mascara and lip gloss, put on a hat and get over it!


No comments:

Post a Comment